Thread: Bremont U2 Final versions HAVE CHANGED please review....

Blog Entries

Default Bremont U2 Final versions HAVE CHANGED please review....

please see the new shots below with 'Anti-Shock' in RED

Giles sent the final images of the U2 versions. Final price not yet confirmed but it appears to be about the same as a Martin Baker so i have set at £3,000 and will confirm.

The will be the Squadron watch for the U2 pilots

The collectors version will be limited to 150 (NB. I have taken several deposits already)

ATG is taking deposits now Click for Deposit Link

There will also be two General Release Civilian versions... one in Steel and one in DLC

I have created a Bremont U2 Gallery here where all of the pictures will be stored....

See below...

Last edited by ATG; 29-04-2010 at 15:21.

2. Default

Excellent stuff. Interesting that Bremont have obviously listened to a few people on various fora who didn't like the MB seconds hand, and therefore offering it with a "normal" seconds hand instead. Assume all four of these have a black barrel? I also notice that all four version appear to have silvered numbers? Interesting. I saw that on the Squadron watch and was intrigued by the design. Looks like they've been kept.

I really like the LE version, but pretty happy with the ATG version, TBH. After all, there are only 20 of those!

Good effort all round.

[InJoke] Oh, and in case you thought I hadn't noticed, I see that they're using the box-stitched strap, again. Brilliant. when can I get one!?! [/InJoke]

M
    Your bleeding-edge Now is always someone else’s past. Someone else’s ’70s bellbottoms. Grasp that and start to attain atemporality.

the #watchnerd

Blog Entries

Good point well made... and actually there are less than 15.....

The simple U2 black is looking very nice - love the new second hand and the 12-6-9 dial.Yummy

I note the absence of "Anti-Magnetic" on the dial.

Does this mean that they all have display backs, and therefore reduced anti-magnetic capabilities, compared to the MB??

Dave
    If it's Lemania-powered, I'm interested. Tool Chrono - interested. Dive Chrono - interested. Interesting - interested

5. Default

wow, i am really impressed with the final versions of the U2-line. The black metal case looks awesome!

Blog Entries

Looks like the news is out already about the LTD U2 version... that Blogger Hodinkee has done me a favour picking it up off Facebook. Although he still has the wrong pictures up I have sent him the new final ones. Somehow that LTD number of 150 seems pretty small took 2 deposits today... very cool watch... may have to get one...

piers(uk) Guest

These look great. The Ltd Edition is very cool for collectors. I see where they are coming from with the Lumed 2, but I think it makes the dial look slightly uncoordinated - However not a big issue! I personally prefer the plain dial DLC version but would want to see the MB second hands on it. Again I can see why they've opted for a standard seconds hand as quite a lot of people won't 'GET' the MB connection or dislike the design....

8. Default

Very well done on the plain version, I like that - the knurled barrel and no nonsense hands/face will look very professional.

The best yet.

Appreciation of this will lead to appreciation of the 'squadron' version in my case - either'll be a special one to have.
    Last edited by andy_s; 30-04-2010 at 17:52.